Tuesday, January 15, 2008

D Anthony Interview by BookPleasures.com (installment 2 of 3)

About A Motivational & Inspirational Book: BookPleasures.com D Anthony Interview

Here’s the second of three installment of my Author’s Interview for “The Nurse in the Delivery Room Slapped Me… Once: Stories and Perspectives to Help You Unlock Your Amazing Potential” - conducted by Norm Goldman, Publisher and Editor of BookPleasures.com.

***

(continued…)

Norm:

Would you say that the publication of The Nurse in the Delivery Room Slapped Me…Once is the culmination of a life long dream? And as a follow up, what motivated you to write the book?

D Anthony:

Not so much the culmination of a life long dream as a significant step in my perceived intended purpose in life. I feel eternally blessed to have the passionate, inspired, appreciative, ever-questioning and ever-striving perspective and attitude I have. And I believe my mission is to pass that sense of hope, inspiration and fortitude to anyone interested in living a better life – and getting more out of each day. And that’s a big part of my motivation for writing the book and everything else I’m working on. Inspiration is one of the most wonderful, life-altering gifts we can possibly give to ourselves and our loved ones. And my dream is that massive quantities of us come to realize that we, both individually and collectively, actually have so much to share.

Norm:

Where did you get your information and ideas for The Nurse in the Delivery Room Slapped Me…Once?

D Anthony:

In a word – life... The ironic thing is I am not a detail person. For some reason, detail just isn’t what my brain has ever tended to prioritize, or these days even maintain. To the contrary, the way I see the world, and the events that happen around me, is through a conceptual filter of sorts. As a result, I will often times recognize value in seemingly the most mundane of day to day events – conceptually linking that event with otherwise completely unrelated events or things experienced, seen or heard, perhaps many, many years prior, perhaps not until some point in the future – to ultimately derive some, for me anyway… fundamental truth. Of course, because I tend to see things through that conceptual filter, I’m probably not your best source for good driving directions…

Norm

How has your environment and/or upbringing influenced your writing?

D Anthony:

My environment is, in part, the inspiration for my writing - as I tend to question, consider, ponder the possibilities about and write about what I experience, hear and see. My upbringing - now that’s the foundation. My sense of purpose, commitment, diligence, perseverance, caring, faith and belief in self all, I believe, were positively influenced by watching and learning from so many of the individuals who had a hand in raising, caring for, teaching and interacting with me during my formative years. I’m sure I could readily map most of the core values expressed throughout the book to my mother, father, teachers, neighbors and so many others. Ultimately, I guess I endeavor to repay each of them for what they gave me by passing my message of inspiration, quality of life, purpose and potential along.

Norm:

What, in your opinion, are the most important elements of good writing and what tools do you feel are must-haves for writers?

D Anthony:

This may be somewhat genre specific, but I think the best writing comes not only from the mind – but from the heart. And it is real, honest and moving. I’ve been fortunate enough to have readers tell me that the content in “The Nurse in the Delivery Room Slapped Me… Once” is insightful, frank and honest. I’ve been told the book is easily understood, concise and an easy read. I’ve been told that the book can be challenging. I’ve been told each of the life stories takes the reader on a journey. I’ve been told the book has been designated for use in specifically reserved get away spots – with those respective reserved spots including a lunchtime bench with birds singing in the background, during extended bath-times with candles lit and specially for when seated on the ‘John’. I’ve heard of a husband and wife that were reading the book separately, and discussing the individual life stories and the relevance to their lives, over breakfast each morning. I’d like to believe these all, collectively, offer evidence on behalf of elements of good writing in the book.

Norm:

How do you measure success?

D Anthony:

Have my efforts helped to facilitate positive impact in people’s lives? Are readers being effectively challenged to begin to question more, dream more and see differently? Am I actually helping the world to be a better place? Stuff like that…

***

More to come...

D Anthony

Inspirational Author and Motivator

Author of “The Nurse in the Delivery Room Slapped Me… Once

Founder of STSTheBook.com and SomethingToShare.com

© 2008 D-Rose Productions, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Nurse in the Delivery Room Slapped Me...Once

This is a book of potential, faith, purpose, hopes and dreams. This is a book about the importance of time, the power of choice, growth, toughening up and having a heart, commitment, passion, and inspiration. This is a book that considers the ups and downs, life, and death – and what it all means. More than anything however, this is a book that considers a journey’s impact, a life-long quest for meaning, happiness and fulfillment, and the resulting stories, perspectives, and lessons that I have collected along the way.
Google Groups
Subscribe to Inspirational Book
Email:
Visit this group
Google