Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Inspirational Poems and Books


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

 

 

 

 

Why We Sing

Let's see, who is D-Rose Productions? Simply put, we are a small contingent of idealists, empowered by the belief that each and every one of us has the capacity to make a difference. Founded in the depths of sorrow, SomethingToShare.com was created as the only possible logic response to the completely illogical, unfair and unwarranted passing of my mother. The loss of my Mom was a harsh dose of reality - with pain and heartache the likes of nothing I'd ever known. Death had come into my life and abruptly taken the person most important to me - and I hadn't been able to do anything but helplessly watch, pray and cry.

For me, her passing was, by far, the most horrific, excruciating and emotionally draining event that I had ever experienced. And in the resulting disillusioned, angry and rebellious state of mind that first week, I searched for answers... for a reason to go on... for something to alleviate at least some of the pain. What I didn't know was that composing the program for my mother's funeral services would provide that opportunity. It was when I compiled the following for the back of the program that the stage was set for the healing to begin;

None of us knows the volume of sand remaining in the hourglass of our lives... Now more than ever she teaches us to appreciate time... Now more than ever she teaches us to appreciate the people we spend it with... I urge you to seek out your loved ones, hug them, and let them know how much you care. God Bless...

Eventually out of the sorrow grew determination - determination to follow in her path so I would see her again... determination to refocus my life... determination to remind others about the value of each day... determination to make a difference in her name.

From there a few friends lent their perspectives, faith, effort and a liberal helping of smiles (and tears), and many, many others have cared enough to share... to become part of our extended family - and the result... SomethingToShare.com!

Our goal... via inspirational words, inspirational gifts, a little perspective, a tear or two, a few laughs and whatever else we can think of - we endeavor to help motivate you to begin to make a difference in this world - for you and the people around you. Further, we encourage you to make the most of today. Because when it's all said and done... tomorrow simply isn't promised.

This site is dedicated to the memory of a Rose, my mother, and her belief that no matter what this life brings, we must count our blessings, strengthen our resolve, lean on our faith and go right on living. Or as Mom would so succinctly put it… I used to cry because I had no shoes, then I met a man with no feet. 

So we encourage you to open your mind and your heart during your visit today and to remember us whenever you are in need of a little inspiration. And above all remember... touch just one life this day and the next... And The World Will Be A Better Place.

Enjoy your stay and be forever inspired.

 

- D Anthony, Founder
D-Rose Productions
SomethingToShare.com

http://ststhebook.com

http://inspirationalpoemsandbooks.com

 


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Nurse in the Delivery Room Slapped Me...Once

This is a book of potential, faith, purpose, hopes and dreams. This is a book about the importance of time, the power of choice, growth, toughening up and having a heart, commitment, passion, and inspiration. This is a book that considers the ups and downs, life, and death – and what it all means. More than anything however, this is a book that considers a journey’s impact, a life-long quest for meaning, happiness and fulfillment, and the resulting stories, perspectives, and lessons that I have collected along the way.
Google Groups
Subscribe to Inspirational Book
Email:
Visit this group
Google